The Kids Readathon is an offset of our online Readathon fundraiser. The event takes place over a month rather than just a weekend and can be done at home or even as part of a school project.
We are inviting kids to take up this challenge and read books for a whole month, between the 5th of January and the 5th of February 2017, while collecting sponsorship for their effort, thus raising funds to help cats in need. The following week, kids will need to return their sponsorship cards (no later than 15th of February), along with the money raised, accompanied with a one-page letter highlighting what they have read and how they enjoyed it. Letters will then be published on our website.
Every child taking part will receive a “thank you pack” containing a certificate of participation and their reward prizes. All children taking part will also be entered in a draw to win a few prizes (to be announced).
To register for the kids edition of the Readathon, fill in the form below (or download this form: 2017-kids-registration). To take part, you need to be under 15 and you must reside in Ireland. All proceeds will go to the charity, to help us to continue our work of helping cats.
- Raise €5 and receive the Community Cats Network sticker.
- Raise €20 and receive the Community Cats Network sticker and badge.
- Raise €40 and receive the Community Cats Network sticker, our badge and one of our bookmarks.
- Raise €60 and receive the Community Cats Network sticker, our badge, one of our bookmarks and one of our fridge magnets
- Raise €80 and receive the Community Cats Network sticker, our badge, one of our bookmarks, one of our fridge magnets and a cat keyring.
- If you raise more than €100, we will add a very special surprise prize!
The Draw Prizes:
To be announced soon…
We’re waiting for you!